Thin Film Electronics is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Characterization Technician to become part of our team at our new, state-of-the-art facility in San Jose, California.
This position will be required to have specialization in one or more of the following:
- Dual-Beam (FIB-SEM) cross-section preparation and imaging
- Lamella preparation for STEM imaging
- Development of sample preparation techniques
- Use of delayering techniques including experience working with packaged parts
- Conduct routine analytical jobs using defined procedures while meeting or exceeding cycle time and quality standard expectations. This includes SEM and STEM cross-sectioning work.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement process; help to develop cross-sectioning techniques.
- Support maintenance activities with vendors as needed.
- Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost.
- Complete all required reporting and documentation.
- Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements.
- Train new team members as requested.
- Education – 2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in a Science, Math, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training / experience.
- 3 years of relevant experience in semiconductors, or manufacturing, or lab experience.
- Language Fluency – fluent in English language – written & verbal.
- Physical Capacity Demands – Able to follow work and safety procedures for laboratory environment.
- Experience with SEM, EDS, FIB, and materials characterization techniques
- Experience with semiconductor manufacturing processes
- Able to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation; demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Strong team member, able to work well with a global team, train new team members as needed and other duties as assigned; able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize activities
- Direct experience working in an analytical laboratory, preferably related to failure analysis, materials science, or semiconductor manufacturing
- Direct knowledge of one or more analysis methodologies used in failure analysis of semiconductor products